Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bone Marrow Cancelled Until Tomorrow

I went to see Kristy today as she was getting a little nervous. Last night she wasn't up to company since all she wanted to do was sleep. By the time I got there the parking deck was full so I went to the valet for the North Building and waited until they had room for me to pull in. You can go in on the ground floor that way and take the elevator on up to the 10th floor. Today I almost had express. Whee!! I go and get my gown. (O the yellow ones are the best. They are cooler)And get my gloves and open the door and she tells me they just told her it had been cancelled until tomorrow. I felt so deflated and I think she did too. So I stayed long enough to straighten up her room and while she was getting her shower the bone marrow transplant team came in to see her. So I got to talk to the Doctor. A very nice gentleman. He said the cells would not be in until this afternoon and they would have to make sure there were enough and that everything matched. I asked him about Kristy in comparsion to other patients as to everything that was happening. He reassured me that Kristy was doing just fine and was right were she was supposed to be. He said sometime one person may take a little longer, but that everything was fine. Kristy is feeling better today, but her stomach was still a little queasy and she is very tired. So I am back at work now and I may not be able to go tomorrow as Friday is a little busy. But we are almost there. Just please keep praying for her. Just ask God to keep an eye on her and let him know how much she is needed here. Eric really misses his mother. He wishes that she hadn't swallow that old bug so that she could come home. His bus driver is out sick too so I understand he has been misbehaving on the bus. So I guess we had better say a pray for him that he quietens down a little.

Just a little more info. Molly will be coming by train to Ashland from Elkhart Indiana to help with Kristy and the little ones. So maybe we can give grandma Barbara a break between us. This blog was set up by Molly in Elkhart RVing and get a few things done to the RV. She had planned on being back before Kristy went in on the 17th but things got slowed up on her end. She had already set their RVing back because our Mother had past away on Sept 8th. So Molly come on home we really need you. You have a way of livening things up with all the energy you have.

7 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Hi Kristy!
Hurry up and wait is not much fun! Sorry they had to postpone you, but you get one more day to rest!
I'll be back there on Monday evening so will see you soon!
Big hugs and much love!

Anonymous said...

We are friends of Bob and Molly and want you to know you are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Kristy that your transplant got delayed. I'm sure that was not what you were wanting to hear today. The waiting is worse than anything else...I know you'll do great though!
Wish I could be there to support you, but I'm going to come visit again soon.
Love you,
Kay Ellen

Anonymous said...

I see mom posted that picture of me and you at Aunt Sarah's!!! Mom...couldn't you just use the shot from the chest up? I didn't get to read you a story last night...I wished I did but I don't think reading a fantasy fiction novel would be very well suited. I should have brought something like the Pokey Little Puppy...I love that story. I am glad I saw you grinning last night when I was telling you somethings about our childhood past. I realized I do admire you because for one, I followed you around while you were on the telephone and bugged you, and two....I got personalized license plates that were similar to yours. Maybe the next time I will change my hair style to match yours....hahahaha. I will talk to you later...BIG SMOOCHIES!!!

Leno said...

Kristy,
I am an rv friend of Molly & Bob's. We met at the Rally in Branson in June. Such great people.. Molly talked so much about you. You must be one special young lady.
Would like you to know you are in my prayers. I'm sure all will go smoothly for you. Recovery is right around the corner.
Stay strong.
Arlene (Leno)

Anonymous said...

Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!

Anonymous said...

How are things going? I am hoping no new is good news?
Love you!
Kay Ellen