Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today is not a good day

Yesterday I went and visited Kristy after work. Since they have started the chemo she has been more tired and they give her benadryl to help with side affects so she sleeps more. Her stomach is also upset so she spends alot of time in the bathroom. They have been taking her vitals more often too. Her blood pressure was up last night so they are keeping an eye on that. Her last round of chemo was to stop early this morning. We have been text messaging since I am at work and I haven't been getting answers back as quickly as usual. They have put her on oxygen. Usually that is from the chemo and benadryl making her blood pressure go up, her heart rate will increase and the oxygen helps make her more comfortable. This should all settle down shortly. The nurses are very good about looking in on her. The one thing about Kristy is that she doesn't want to ask for anything. She thinks she is a bother. When I'm there we don't talk alot. Of course for those of you that know me, I talk enough for two people. I know her throat hurts and I just try to make sure she doesn't need anything, and I take her clothes home to wash. There are so many things she can not have: chocolate, flowers, pepper, spicey foods. She sold her motorcycle, gave away her rats to Hanover County Pound, and I have her dog and cat. Of course she does not drive anymore so that means she doesn't have her job as a Hanover County School Bus driver. She will not be able to come to my house or any place with animals for 18 months. I believe she told me that she couldn't go out in public for 8 months. I couldn't go to the last bone marrow meeting as I had broncitus and couldn't go near her so I missed things that were told. One thing chemo affects is her memory. She doesn't remember if she has told me something or not.

2 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Molly's Bob told us on RV-Dreams chat about Kristy, and this blog. The RV-Dreams family is pretty close knit, and I know I speak for all of us. We are all praying and pulling for Kristy. I hope that she will be over all this soon, and be on the road to recovery. Such a vital person to have to go through this at such a young age.
We are here every night around 7.30pm - 10.00pm Central, if you want to talk. We are pretty good listeners.
Best wishes, Penny, TX

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.
I can't wait to come see you again, I know you're going to be in the hospital for another month but it will blow by so fast you can't believe it has come and gone :-)
I'll give mom a call sometime tomorrow or she can text me & let me know how you are doing.
Love you!
Kay Ellen