Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heartfelt Moment

I went to visit Kristy today around 1pm. She was in the process of dialysis. She seemed restless, but who wouldn't be if you were confined to a bed. There was an order put in her chart for her to have restraints during dialysis only because she wanted to turn constantly. I talked to Kristy about Eric and Lia's Holloween trip friday night and how Lia attacked the Michael Myers look-a- like with her bag of candy. I talked about some of our childhood memories and I also told her she had to lie still and stop being so stubborn. Gee, I wonder where she gets that from....I also told her when she gets better we can start having a girls night out and do what sisters are supposed to do. I look back at all my childhood memories with Kristy and realized I liked to follow her around alot and follow in her footsteps. I always eavesdropped on her phone calls ....what little sister wouldn't do that? I also played the saxaphone just like her....I admired her so much and I still do. Now I realize that I am buying the funky little socks she wears for myself. She must be doing something right...I didn't realize how much I loved my sister until something like this happens....Wow..What a way to wake up someone....I was sitting in the room and holding Kristy's hand remembering the time I was in the hospital with her while she was in labor with her first born. It's funny how you can remember things like that when they have been so easily forgotten. Well, since I have embarrassed myself in front of complete strangers....If anyone would like to help Kristy or her children in anyway such as food, please visit this website http://www.angelfoodministries.com/. Kristy was looking into ordering food from this organization before she went into the hospital for her children. I don't know if she was able to or not. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
Sending loving thoughts your way from Texas. Hang in there, I know you are a fighter.

Love and Hugs,
Fay