Saturday, November 15, 2008

Update

In case yall are wondering...Kristy is progressing. I haven't seen her since Wednesday, but from what I hear, her WBC went up to 1700 as of 12pm yesterday afternoon. The cells from her bone marrow are starting to grow and the doctors are keeping a close eye on her because this will be the time graft versus host disease may kick in. I am praying this will not happen because Kristy has been through so much already. She is still on dialysis. Do not quote me on this but...the doctors are concerned that her kidneys have not functioned by themselves completely. I am going by what people have told me, and you know how word travels and things can get messed up. She is going through physical therapy, I don't know how often or how long, but I do know it wears her out and she has been sleeping alot. I text her or call her to leave a message on her cell to see how she is doing every now and then if I can't get to the hospital. She responds by text because it hurts her too much to talk. I will try to keep you posted as much as I can as I learn her progress. Kristy has a long road ahead of her for a full recovery....Please keep my sister in your prayers along with her family.

1 comment:

Mike and Pat McFall said...

Hi Kristy....you are doing great!! We're checking your progress everyday. Keep up the good work!! We're praying you will continue to improve and be home with the family soon.

Hugs.......Pat and Mike