Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A little bump in the road....

The last couple of days brought a little bump in the road for Kristy. She developed some infections on Saturday and by Sunday she was pretty sick. Monday they did some testing (what day do they NOT do testing?! thankfully! :)) and found that she had a Lung infection (pneumonia), a blood infection and a UTI; they had already stepped up the antibiotics so they were on top of it.

Tonight they called and said they were moving her into ICU due to the infections and some blood found in her lungs. KK said she seemed to be doing better already, so it seems they are taking good care of her.

She is awaiting another transplant as soon as they can get the donor cells, so please keep praying for those cells to come, and for the infections to dissipate and her WBC to go UP. She is still a trooper and just keeps going everyday.

Thursday is Thanksgiving Day and we have so much to be grateful for. I am reminded of this every day.
We wish everyone a thankful and plentiful holiday.

(Written by Aunt Molly)

2 comments:

Mike and Pat McFall said...

Hang in there, Kristy!! You're doing great!! We're praying for the new transplant cells to come so you can feel better again.

Kathryn & Molly....we are praying for Kristy every day....we know what you are going through.

Love to all.........Pat and Mike

Judy said...

Kristy

You have been in my thoughts but you wouldn't know that because I haven't been in to see you. Every day I check your blog and with the help of my daughter finally realized how to get a message to you. Please know that I think of you daily.

I am sorry you have hit a bump in the road, but I am confident you will fight through this as you have all of the other bumps!

When I read that you are out of intensive care, I will come. I am home until December 20th and my schedule is finally free.

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Judy