Sunday, November 9, 2008

Getting Better by the day!


I saw Kristy yesterday and today....It's amazing how she has done a complete 180. When I came in yesterday, Kristy was sitting in her chair eating cheerios. She only ate a little bit because her mouth hurts so much from the sores. She also drank some water out of her bottle. The doctors came in around 12 and said her blood work was over 200 which is .2. They did dialysis again and the doctors had changed the tubing from her thigh area to her neck. She was more comfortable knowing she could lay on her side and not be so agitated. She feel into a deep sleep and she looked so peaceful. Before I left her room, her blood pressure was 114 over 74....which is good because that is how mine is most of the time. Today, before I came, she already had her dialysis, so I was able to talk to her a little bit. Her blood work now is 300 which is .3, so it's possible it will get higher in the next couple of days if the bone marrow has graft. After she had dialysis, she was able to go potty on the potty chair. Which is great! I had brought her cinammon applesause and she ate some of that too. She said she was so hungry but her mouth hurt so much to eat. While I was there, they hooked her up to an EKG machine. The nurse wanted to get the doctor to double check it and compare it to the prior EKG taken. While Kristy and I were waiting, she was falling asleep and she wanted me to keep talking to her so she wouldn't fall asleep. I told her it was ok for her to sleep and that she needed her rest. I covered her up and she finally fell asleep. I pulled down the shade a little bit to keep the sunlight out. I finally left knowing she was asleep and to give her sometime by herself before she had more visitors within the next few hours. As of now, I don't know when I will be able to visit Kristy again. I am hoping it will be Tuesday or Wednesday. Aunt Molly is coming back from SC and she will be at the hospital tomorrow. Now that Kristy is coheritant, her days may go faster if someone is with her every day to talk to her.

3 comments:

Tiffany H. said...

I'm so glad to hear that Kristy is improving! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her this weekend too. I'm sure she enjoys spending time with her little Sis. ;-)

Hang in there. I know it's a long road ahead.
Love,
Tiff

Mike McFall said...

I'm so glad to hear Kristy is showing improvement. when I don't see a post for a day or two, I get real worried. Great to get an update.
Kristy, hang in there and one day all this will pay off and you will be up and about. Your gona win this battle!!!
We're saying our prayers for you.

Mike McFall
Rv Friends of Bob & Molly

Bob and Molly said...

Yeah! Thanks for the great update Karisa! It's so good to hear this upturn!
I'll be over there early tomorrow morning so can't wait to see how well she'd doing!
Hugs to everyone!
Molly