Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pleased....

I saw Kristy last night and was very pleased with what I saw. I was actually able to talk to her without her falling asleep or having dialysis. One of the kidney drs. came in an told her she would start having dialysis every other day. She was excited about that. While I was there she got her shower, and I thought I would have to help her, but she did it all on her own. I was so proud of her. Kristy asked me what was wrong, and I replied there is nothing wrong. How can you talk about your life and what your doing while your sister is in the hospital trying to keep from dying? Wouldn't that upset her? I talked about good things, at least I tried to talk about good things...but I don't know. Well, anyways.....Kristy is slowing progressing and that is a good thing....she will be getting more stem cells from what she has told me...I just don't know when. Please everyone keeping praying for my sister, she still has a long road ahead of here.

5 comments:

Dale said...

It sounds like things are moving forward for Kristy! Dialysis every other day and able to shower by herself. Several days ago those things would have been only a dream. Keep up the good work, Kristy! We continue to pray for your continued healing.

Dale and Terry Pace (friends of Bob and Molly)

Anonymous said...

Kristy's WBC is upto 900 today.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy,
I'm glad you're doing better. I'll try to come see you soon. I have had the flu shot and couldn't come for 2 weeks then my foot was operated on. It's still in a boot but I'm walking around better. If there is anything you need me to bring let me know. We're still praying for you and you are on all the church prayer lists. See you soon.
Jackie (Kristy's mother-in-law)

Bob and Molly said...

Karisa, you are a wonderful sister!! Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Karisa!
Kristy, sounds like you are moving right along :-)
See you soon.
Love you,
Kay Ellen